Friday, January 28, 2005

Sweet poem

Mommy, please don't cry, Daddy don't you weep (a poem for autistic children everywhere, and their
Mommy's and
Daddy's)
by Sally c. 1999

Dear Mommy, don't you cry now
and Daddy, don't you weep.
I want to whisper in your ear

before I go to sleep.

I know that when I came here
I seemed perfect in every way
and you were so proud Daddy
when you held me on that day.

And Mommy when you kissed me
and wrapped me up so tight,
I felt as if I belonged here,
and everything was right

When things got really scary
and I began to slip away
I saw your face, dear Mommy
as you knelt by me to pray.

And Daddy, I always notice
when you wipe away a tear,
or watch the other little boys
as they run and laugh and cheer.

I may not be able to tell you
how much I love you so,
or even show you how I feel
and what I really know.

But when you hold me Mommy
at night when all is still
I hear your dear heart beating
and I know that all is well.
And Daddy when you take me
to the park, to run and play
I know that you still love me
though the word's I cannot say.

So Daddy don't you cry now
and Mommy don't you weep,
I want to tell you something
before I go to sleep.

I may be sort of different,
and you may not understand
I know that I am not that child
that you and Daddy planned

But I love you both so very much
and I know you love me too
and one day when this life is done
You will feel my love for you.

I know the future is unknown
and you will always have to be,
the ones who love and listen
and take good care of me.

The road we walk is rough sometimes
and you cry a lot of tears,
but one day we will turn and laugh
as we look back o'er the years,

So Mommy don't you cry now
and Daddy please don't weep
I want to say, I love you
before I go to sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • International Day of Prayer for Autism & Asperger's Syndrome