Monday, January 03, 2005

Through The Eyes Of A Special Needs Child

THROUGH THE EYS OF A SPECIAL NEEDS CHILD
WRITTEN BY: BEA Rosencutter 11-27-97
MOM TO A SPEICAL NEEDS CHILD (REN)

S - Spend time getting to know me
P - Please be patient with me; I may not be able to do the
things your child can
E - Enjoy learning about what I have and what is wrong with me so
you will understand
C - Care about what my parents tell you about how I communicate
I - Imagine if your child had problems then realize what my parents
feel
L - Listen to me, I may be hard to understand but if you take the
time you can understand me. Learning is very hard for me; I may
not be at my age level

N - Never blame my parents they didn't do anything wrong, they
didn't cause me to be this way
E - Encourgae my parents they need it
E - Entertain me, so my parents can have a night off
D - Distraction is part of my life daily. I'm on the go all the
time I never slow down,I get into everything & time out doesn't
work with me, becasue I can't sit still, I try but I can't
S - Screaming is what I do when I can't handle what is going on
around me, when I get upset because I can't sit still I try but
I can't

C - Communication is very hard for me; I may use sign language,
gestures, words,communication boards, time line boards
H - Helping me understand imput is part of my parent's lives 24
hours a day
I - Imagine not being able to hug you child, even though your child
wants to be hugged but your child can't handle it, sometimes
hugs hurt, & sometimes they don't
D - Disabled means doing something different then someone
else,sometimes with aid sometimes with special equipment, &
sometimes with therapy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • International Day of Prayer for Autism & Asperger's Syndrome