Wednesday, January 18, 2006

consumer confidence remains high


It was so nice. I want to go to school there! I hope they will get accepted more than ever after seeing the school and hearing the teachers and headmasters speak about the curriculum. It is a dream education, IMO. We spoke to a 5th-6th grade teacher and the first thing she said was that while her children had graduated from Trinity Christian, another local school and very highly regarded, if she could start over she would choose Covenant because of the excellence in character training and the parental involvement and Christ-centered teaching enviornment. I got teary during the presentation because the school is just everything that we want for the girls. Jimmy was totally sold afterwards too. He had been less certain and was bugging me about the school his nieces and nephews go to, which is fine and who knows? We may end up there, but it does not impress me at all. Anyway, I am going to an open campus there tomorrow to check it out during the school day. Two things that are super neat that they do there is on Thursdays, all the moms gather to pray for the students and the school and on Fridays, the dads gatheer at lunch with the kids and do the same. Isn't that cool? I went to excellent schools. I was very fortunate. I know that I was shaped into a lifetime learner in part because of my primary education. But, while my elementary school was terrific academically speaking, the character development was sorely lacking. It was called a "Christian school," but it was really just a superior education stamped with a prayer and that is not what we want for the girls. Rigor is not enough, KWIM?
We will find out sometime in early March. We have a family interview conducted in our home and some testing to do, yet. I will schedule those by next week, with any luck. I am excited. I will be pretty disappointed if this doesn't work out. It is a super neat place. I know it sounds an awful lot like, "It was an honor to even have been considered," but it really is amazing that this school is even on our radar. When Abby was dx'd in '03, my hopes of them having comparable learning opportunities to the ones that I had growing up were something I counted as lost. Even if they don't get in, there is victory to be claimed in the very possibility, KWIM?
Thanks for the prayers. I was so much less anxious; I know it is because ya'll interceded on my behalf.
I say to myself, “The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.” The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; Lamentations 3:24-25

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • International Day of Prayer for Autism & Asperger's Syndrome