Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Look out Carly Piper!


Well Abby did great! There are three kids and two teachers, how ideal is that? She was beaming from ear to ear. Genuine delight like that is somewhat uncommon for Abby to express naturally. Jimmy and I were really happy to see that expression of unmitigated joy on her face. Thank you Lord.
There are some areas that could prove problematic for Abby. So even though I really didn't want to, I had to tell the teacher about her autism. She was very receptive though and did not seem put off or anything. We'll see how class two goes.
I am trying to stay positive. I mean Abby's participation was great and it will be a good fit for her, I just didn't want to bring up her disorder. It makes me nervous about trying to keep it on the down-low when we apply to schools.
All in all, our first forays into the non-theraputic world were succesful. YAY!
"For nothing is impossible with God." Luke 1:37

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • International Day of Prayer for Autism & Asperger's Syndrome