Saturday, February 18, 2006

oh the things they will say!


The girls and the funny things they say. I have collected a few statements and "shuebonics" over the past few weeks. Thought I'd share them for your entertainment:
"Scrapture" ~ Random and completely arbitrary proclamations made by Abby which she then follows with the question, "Is that in the Bible now?" I.E. at the dinner table:
All people who do NOT put hot sauce on their eggs will get an A. If you put hot sauce on your eggs, you will get an F.
Is that in the Bible now?"
Emma Jean on Steve Martin in the newest Pink Panther movie, "He has a moustache, but not a single beard!" then much merriment ensues at this notion.
Abby's response to Emma Jean's suggestion that one of our community throws is a clanky (what they called their blankies in their earlier days), "It is NOT a clanky. It is just an ordinary blanket."
Emma Jean's conclusion about what it takes to be a real gymnast:
"First I have to learn how to do the little things, then I can be a teenager and do the big things, like those teenager tumbler girls. And I have to eat all my carrots. Right mommy?"
Abby to Dr. Rao, "I am doing swimming now! Today I did motor boat glide. You should really see me do it. You can come watch me next time."
Another Abby proclamation, "When I grow up and I'm a teenager, I am going to stay up all night, just like you mom and dad."
Emma Jean at play with her Ello creations, "How much does this place (gesturing around our house) cost anyway? Ten bucks?"
After church I turn to observe Emma Jean asking a classmate's daddy with a great deal of skepticism in her voice, "Are you a father?"
He answered, "Why yes. Are you a daughter?"
She replied, "Uh, well perhaps. We are really just a couple of kids." She shrugged, gesturing to Abby.
Abby's opinion about going to church, "I LOVE going to church with my family because I love God.
And Jesus.
And YOU!"
Then she does a little dance around the furniture.
And it just doesn't get any better than that.
I delight greatly in the LORD; my soul rejoices in my God.
Isaiah 61:10

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I fall a little more in love with you and your girls every time I read about them. You are ALWAYS in my prayers. :)

Jennifer

10:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • International Day of Prayer for Autism & Asperger's Syndrome