Wednesday, March 15, 2006

banana splits...


I know this is going to be a whiney post, but I am going to whine about it anyway. Think of me what you will.
For months now, the girls have pestered me about banana splits. They can and do eat bananas. Needless to say, they recognize one when they see one. There are very few "treats" they can have regularly (though after a full year sans any kind of potato, the occasional french fry or Lay's versions of Pringles sure do make them happy now). As a reward for them (or mommy ), we stop at Sonic for a drink and they spotted the sign for those junior banana splits and asked me about them. They have hounded me since so I figured if I could find a way to make one possible I would and Jimmy's most recent absence semed like the perfect opportunity.
$40 later (that's right FORTY!!!!) I was able to purchase all the ingredients necessary to make a reasonably safe, with consideration to all their restrictions, banana split.
Oh they were so excited.
So tonight, after a pretty rough day, I made them for dessert.
Do you think they liked them?
NO.
My reaction to their dissatisfaction with the confections is so ridiculous. I feel unreasonably mad (the money and effort involved) and irritated. And frankly, sad.
Why can't even the most easy things, the most mundane, be enough? Ever?
Ugh.
Anyone in the market for some rice milk ice cream, GF/CF whipped cream stuff (at $7 per 3 oz. container), a real whipped cream cannister and nitrous cartridges, phoney dessert sauces and stupid sugar-free, but made with Splenda sprinkles?
*sigh*

And you don't even want to know the finances expended for hot dogs or rice krispie(esque) treats treat times past. Equally refused.

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
Romans 12:12

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Susan! I'm sorry-that would be frustrating! No sugar for the girls? I can't have it-but Im an adult...


britt

6:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • International Day of Prayer for Autism & Asperger's Syndrome